Wednesday, May 21, 2008

David Cook Wins

What a show tonight, a real SPECTACLE; very enjoyable to watch. Donna Summer, Graham Nash, Brayn Adams, Seal, the finalists. It really was fun.

So David Cook won. Well, I am a little disappointed; I was rooting for David A. as you all know. I love the purity of his voice and his sincerity in his performances. I'm sure he will be around for a long time, with a great recording career. Cook definitely did a good job this season: original, consistent and he seems like a good guy. No doubt, this win is a blessing for him in the midst of his brother's illness. I wish he and David A. the best of luck in their careers.

Thanks to John Nelson for asking me to blog for the Poughkeepsie Journal this year and hope to see you next year! And thanks to 97.7 Morning Mix Bob Miller and WPDH Coop & Tobin for having me on their radio shows.

Come visit my website to find out where I'll be playing this summer and say hi if you are at a show nearby so I can meet my readers. You can sign up on my e-mail list and I'll send you a newsletter to let you know when I am playing near you. www.vickierussell.com
Enjoy the summer!

xoxo
Vickie Russell

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As I've been saying all along, I loved both Davids. I'm glad they were the finalists. I do think David C deserved to win - he is original and talented. Not to take anything away from David A, he's fantastic. Both will have recording contracts, and both will be successful.

Vickie, thanks again for your blog!

Lisa Iannucci said...

nice job vickie!

Yay David Cook!

cdecotis said...

I loved the show last night! I was amazed how much music was crammed into the two hours. Great star power too! I especially enjoyed George Michael (though, I didn't recognize him at all!).

I'm happy for David Cook and David A. has nothing to worry about, that's for sure. He certainly beamed as he was handed the keys to his brand new hybrid car, as any 17 year old boy would.

Thanks again, Vickie...you and the other bloggers have a great summer and hopefully, we'll all be back next season