Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Welcome to the blog

I've been watching American Idol now for 3 seasons due to my voice students asking me every week what I thought of the performances. So when I got asked to do this blog, I thought it'd be fun, and I can get my students' input as well.

My students range in age from 5 to 75, and we usually agree on who we think is best. Well, we all agree so far that David Archuleta is the next American Idol. He has an amazing voice, a lovable, authentic, and humble personality, he's pleasing to the eye, and he's a great performer. He sings from his heart. I love that he chooses songs that have meaning, that he is using his moment of fame to say something important, like "Imagine" and "Another Day in Paradise."

I disagree with Simon, music should make people feel and think, and if it can make a positive change in the world, fantastic.

Ramiele Malubay comes in second for me so far. Her voice is strong, beautiful and she has a wonderful stage presence as well. My other favorites are Michael Johns, Syesha Mercado and Carly Smithson as far as great voices go.

I look forward to seeing tonight's performances.

No comments: