Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Results- And Then There Were 2

Syesha was voted off tonight. I know she will have a great career. She looked happy at the end when she was singing, like she was going to enjoy every single moment she was still up there. Great attitude: she'll go far. I have a lot of respect for her. But she was the weakest singer of the 3 and it was time for her to leave.

This is the second week in a row I agreed with (and predicted correctly) who got voted off. I think the 2 Davids have been the best performers consistently. I'm so glad they are still on the show.

Watching the singers return to their hometowns tonight was fun. I was most touched by David Archuleta's innocence, sweetness and genuine awe at the welcoming crowds. He really is still a kid and it was so satisfying to watch his reaction to his fans. He just took it all in, even though he was overwhelmed. It warmed my heart, what can I say?

I feel very content with tonight's results (like a ate a piece of good chocolate) and look forward to next week's final show.

Did America get it right?


(I say..............YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!)

4 comments:

cdecotis said...

I missed all but the final 10 minutes of the result show last night (Was at my son's high school concert, which by the way, included the Bel Canto Voices' beautiful version of "And So It Goes"--the conductor did give David A's a two thumbs up).

Anyway, I also thought it was time for Syesha to go...but I am glad she stayed around as long as she did--she's such a sweetheart.

Vickie said...

That's quite a coincidence that your son sang that song last night too. Syesha is a sweetheart and I wish her well. Now on to the finals!

Lisa Iannucci said...

I was looking forward to a Syesha/David Cook finale, but I didn't expect it.

Unknown said...

I, too, am glad Syesha stayed thru last night. But I did think the final two would be the two Davids.

I've been pulling for David A from the start. He's so talented, plus he's modest and a cutie. But, David C. should be the American Idol. He can take any song, make it his own and knock it out.

I'm sure if little David comes in second he'll still have a great singing career.