Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Song From the Singers' Birth Years

Tonight had some great moments. My favorites of the evening were: Adam, Danny, Anoop, and Matt. Lil didn't really stand out tonight, although she's got some of the best pipes of all the singers. Scott was my least favorite. He's gotta go this week. I'll be surprised and annoyed if it is someone other than him that goes home. He's tried his best, but he just doesn't belong in this competition at this point. Everyone else is a better singer than he is. My heart is with him though. I wish him great success.

Danny Gokey-Stand By Me-Yeah, nice performance, riffing, soulful, unique. Love him.
Kris Allen-All She Wants to Do is Dance-The song didn't really work for him. Good singing though.
Lil Rounds-What's Love Got To Do With It-She didn't really make it her own. She took a classic song and left me comparing her to Tina. It didn't really work. I think she oversang.
Anoop Desai-True Colors-Nice singing, good rendition. Nice control of his voice. He's so likable.
Scott MacIntyre-The Search is Over-Not the greatest song choice for him. Impressive that he also plays guitar.
Allison Iraheta-I Can't Make You Love Me-The song topic seemed too old for her. She sang it well, but I didn't feel anything in my heart from her. But she sure has a lot of soulfulness to her.
Matt Giraud-Part Time Lover-Good singing, great riffing, great control. Fun to watch.
Adam Lambert-Mad World-Wow, just an amazing performance, riveting, great song choice, what control and command of the audience. Wow, wow, wow! In a class all by himself. Sign him, please!

3 comments:

cdecotis said...

My favorites for the night were Adam (it's ridulous how talented this guy is), Anoop (loved the song choice), and Danny (loved the arrangement).

I liked Matt but I'm not a fan of the song he chose so he didn't make my top three list. Allison was very good too--love her soulfulness. Kris disappointed me...and he's usually one of my favorites (that performance set up with the girls groovin' in the audience was so stupid). Before Lil even opened her mouth to sing, I knew she was going to get it from the judges--the Tina Turner dance shuffle was glaringly obvious. Hopefully, she'll get it together next week because I really enjoy her and she needs to stay.

I agree. Scott must go. His song choice again was so...so Scott-like...
just too sweet even though he was trying so hard to be edgy. It was weird. Betcha anything, someone else gets the boot though...just have a feeling.

Anonymous said...

why don't they just give the title to Adam now and let everyone just sing their hearts out for second place for next 7 weeks! amazing doesn't begin to describe him.

Vickie said...

Great to read your comments. Thanks, always interesting to see what you all think. Look forward to reading more!