Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Season 9; Top 20-The Men

Hey, great to be back again this year! Looking forward to watching this season. Why are there so many contestants? Weren't there just 12 finalists last year? There were 24 last week! 2 hours a night? Way too long to sit still. 1 hour a night is plenty, but 2? Oh well, I watched all of it and my favorite tonight was Big Mike. I just love this guy.

Here's my take on tonight's show from this singer/vocal coach's point of view:
Big Mike Lynche-Man's World
Great way to start out the night, what a strong voice and a great performer. I love this guy- he's one of my favorites! His beautiful soul just shines through.
John Park-Gravity
Nice voice, cute guy, but boring, I don't feel any electricity from him.
Casey James-I Don't Want to Be
Good guitarist, nice voice ! He's a little reserved, didn't let loose enough for me, but I love to look at this guy, mmmmmmm, what can I say?
Alex Lambert-Everybody Knows
Nice voice, unusual, he's very marketable. I like him. Needs to believe in himself and get used to performing as quick as he can.
Todrick Hall-What's Love Got to Do With It
I know he can be great, but I haven't seen him be great yet. I know he can sing, dance, and I hope he really lets loose soon! Another one of my favorites.
Jermaine Sellers-What's Going On
Good singer, but I didn't feel his soul through it all.
Andrew Garcia-You Give Me Something
He's my other favorite, but I didn't like this performance. Pitchy, disappointing. I like when he plays the guitar.
Aaron Kelly-My Girl
Too much riffing, not a good song choice, too old fashioned, but I think he can sing really well. Good for a 16 year old.
Tim Urban-Come On Get Higher
Good song for him. I enjoyed this performance. Nice voice, so much better than last week. I enjoyed it.
Lee Dewyze-Lips of an Angel
I'm not crazy about is guy, but the judges seem to really dig him. Pitch problems, pushes too hard. Go figure.

Who is your favorite guy so far?

No comments: