Friday, May 27, 2011

More on the Final Results Show

This was a very entertaining show, chock full of stars and variety in styles. It was great to see all 13 of the Idol finalists again, and remember how talented this year's contestants were. I enjoyed how they were paired up with the stars in duets and group numbers to show their strength in their genre. My favorite performance was the duet between Tony Bennett and Haley Reinhart. Jazz is really her forte and she looked so comfortable singing with one of the greats. James Durbin with Judas Priest was also a hoot. Rob Halford could still rock.
Watching Scotty win was exciting, even though he was not my pick, he's just a humble, polite young man and you can't help but like him. Hearing Pia sing again reminded me of how talented the rest of the bunch were, and how I disagreed with her elimination. It's been a fun season 10. We'll see what season 11 brings.

Here is my blow by blow account of last night's show below:

A fun group opening number by Lady Gaga-Baby I Was Born This Way. Good to see all the finalists back.
James Durbin and Judas Priest-That was a lot of fun! James looked like he was having the time of his life.
Kurt Franklin, Gladys Knight and Jacob Lusk did a very upbeat Gospel number. Jacob looked like he was in Heaven. Very entertaining.
Casey Abrams and Jack Black-Fat Bottom Girls was a wild rendition of the song. Both guys were hamming it up and it was a lot of fun.
Group Girl sing was fun to see all the talent from the season, and Beyonce certainly shook her thing. She's shy? Not.
Tony Bennett and Haley Reinhart-Steppin' Out with My Baby, this was a perfect song for Haley, this is her genre, she seemed so comfortable with Tony. Impressive.
Tim McGraw and Scotty McReery-Live Like you Were Dying, nice to watch the two of them singing this well written song.
Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez-Wow, that was wild! Jennfier is quite the dancer! And Shelia E. on percussion. Very hot number.
Tom Jones and the guys-Tom looks good, but his voice sounds a bit tired.
Lady Gaga-Well that was a dramatic performance-interesting, and entertaining and the song wasn't too bad either.
Lauren Alaina and Carrie Underwood-Looked like Lauren was having a great time with her musical idol. Her voice sounded a bit weak, but she did a good job singing.
Beyonce-Make Love to Me- a passionate performance but I thought it was a pretty lame song.
Bono-eh.........Spiderman, didn't really do much for me either.
And Scotty wins! His reaction was sweet, but his song "Love You This Big" doesn't really do much for me either.

See you again!
xoxox,
Vickie Russell
www.vickierussell.com

2 comments:

cdecotis said...

Oh no...I missed James and Rob Halford together! I was out walking my little buddy Rusty (dog sitting a friend's pooch). So after reading your entry, I searched it on YouTube...loved it--so much fun! While I was looking around, I found the video of Jacob and Miss Gladys. I love Gladys Knight! Jacob was doing what he does best. I didn't realize I missed Casey and Jack Black...I'll be sure to look that one up too.

I did see Haley and Tony Bennett on the night of the show and I agree completely. Singing that sweet jazzy thing is when you can hear how cool her voice really is.

Like you, I didn't care much for Beyonce's song...and I thought the Bono/Spiderman thing was kind of boring.

In the end, I don't think Scotty's new release is going to serve him well...it's just a poor song. If he's smart, he'll do the duet he hinted at with Lauren, especially now that everyone's buzzing about their love connection! ha! They're both seem like very sweet sincere people with loads of personality. I wish them well.

Thanks for blogging another season, Vickie! It was fun and I enjoy your thoughts on each show.
Have a wonderful summer! I'm ready for nice weather and summer fun...also, my first grandchild (a baby girl!) is due to arrive a month from now!...Exciting!

Take good care!

Vickie said...

Have a great summer and good luck with your new family member!